Rarasaur is a charming blogger, full of enthusiasm and charisma. (www.rarasaur.wordpress.com) She nominated moi for an award about a month ago before a bunch of craziness took me out of circulation for a bit. When I mentioned the award before Christmas, it was the Blogger of the Year Award. However, Rarasaur has had a change of heart regarding BOTY, and re-issued her awards as
I promised to fulfill the requirements for the award after the end of the world as Mayan enthusiasts predicted. Oops. The Big Pffffft didn’t happen and neither did my promised 12/22/20012 response to Rarasaur’s nomination.
Today I discovered the change in her decision about which award she was bestowing. So procrastination paid off this one and only time. I like the new award better, Rarasaur. It’s prettier, shinier, more sparkly. Woo hoo! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for nominating me.
So here’s my fulfillment of the obligations.
1. I love a white Christmas, so I got my wish this year!
2. I am a birding enthusiast. I like feeding them, watching them, creating habitat for them, documenting sightings of them.
3. A favorite waterfowl watching site is Assateague and Chincoteague Islands. Every year on Thanksgiving week, the park opens remote areas that are normally inaccessible to tourists. One can roam and see migrating waterfowl and wild ponies all in the same place. It is glorious to see hundreds of snow geese bobbing in inlets with all manner of ducks, swans, gulls, terns and other wild geese.
4. My recurring nightmare is being drowned at sea. Or eaten at sea. Or both.
5. I decorated a Christmas tree this year for the first time in many years. Often we travel at Christmas, but not this year. In fact, this year Christmas is getting spread out over several days. So between getting snow, having a tree, and loving on family and friends, I am really enjoying Christmas this year!
I am nominating the following blogs of writers who help other writers as my Superstars:
M. S. Fowle at http://msfowle.wordpress.com cover design
E-BookBuilders at http://www.e-bookbuilders.com/ ideas galore
Karen Gadient http://karengadient.com/ cover design and more
C. J. Gorden http://cjgorden.wordpress.com/resources/ list of resources
Paige Nolley http://paigenolley.wordpress.com/ the bare naked truth of the writer’s path
The following entity is not a blog, but an honorable mention:
Kickstarter www.kickstarter.com uses cash to support creativity
Aww! Thanks, Fay! I am super behind on posting about blog awards, so I have no idea when (or even if) I will make a post about this. But I am honored. Thank you. 🙂
You are welcome!
Congrats on the award! And I have to agree with you–drowning at sea or being eaten at sea are not very appealing ways to go at all…
Happy New Year, Miss Carrie. I wish you a spot on the bestseller’s list! May 2013 be your best year yet!
Happy New Year to you, too. And I love your thoughts of my making the bestseller’s list, even if they’re delusional. 🙂
Congrats Fay! And thank you so much! It WAS a nice surprise! 😀
And well deserved. Thank you for being a continual bright spot.
Congrats on your well deserved award. God works in mysterious ways (procrastination) and a different Christmas for you all, gotta love it! I ducked out myself this holiday for a well needed break. I am just getting back to my former self. As t said…here’s to a kinder and holy 2013!
Welcome back! You give so much to others. I’m glad you took a refreshing for yourself.
Thanks Fay…Holidays at best are not a good time for me! But I am 110% again!
Thank you, Fay! End of the year has been crazy here, but I wanted to let you know this made me smile. Have a fantastic new year!
So glad to put a smile on your face!
We now know a lot about you. Eaten at sea?
Happy New Year!
Pingback: Indie Publishing Podcast Episode 25 – New Heads For Dead Legends « Bluebonnets, Bagpipes & Books